Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sin of hypocrisy...

Hypocrisy... How often do you feel like you're a hypocrite??? I feel that i'm one quite often...

I can pray for something and not mean it... i.e. pray that i will be diligent in reading the work yet i can use my time to enjoy and do other things in a conscious mind that 'i will do it later' WHICH NEVER HAPPENS...

I can say that God is my everlasting joy and yet not want to read His word to continue bathing in this everlasting fountain of joy...

I can say that I love God and even sing gospel-centered songs and yet not have the heart to want to know Him better through His revealed WORD...

I know that the gospel is THE best news that any living being on earth can have, yet i still can't change it as my instinct...

I know that God is the one who saves, and yet often in ministry i often think of ways to save the person with my own hands...

I know that all is meaningless and will be gone one day, and yet i seek pleasure in doing nonsense...

I know that emotions are pretty scary to follow, yet at times i still do so...

I know that the essence of unity is truth from God's Word, yet there are certain false unity that i hold on to...

I know that i'm an eschatalogical being who is supposed to live like i'm in heaven(worshipping God) yet i still want to take control of certain things...

I know that suffering is good for my sanctification yet i want to run away from it...

I know that pride is a killer yet i don't feel like being a humble servant...

I know that there's so much that I know and don't know, but i'm not acting like what i'm supposed to be...

Thank God for 1Corinthians to show me of how justified sinners like myself are still worthless without God's redeemed work and wisdom being revealed to me...

Gah!!!!!!!!! If only, our brains were to be a blank piece of paper with no presuppositions and just let the Bible program it...

LORD, help us all...

No comments:

Post a Comment