Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Thanking God for being sick...

I've been sick for a few days and really thankful to God for it... In the old testament times, a person falls sick because he/she sinned, this can be seen in the Pharisee's question to Jesus in John 9... But then for now, why do we still fall sick if our sins have already been fully paid for in the cross? I'm still thinking through that, but I think I understand the purpose of it, which is why I'm really thankful to God for teaching me these precious lessons...

1) being sick reminds you that your body is weak and powerless, not as good as the consummated body in the future, because we're still living in this fallen world...

2) it drives us to look towards heaven for the perfect body that has no sin and sickness, even though these are just secondary motives...

3) it shows how much God is in control and how weak we are in thinking that we are our own BOSS, when we can't even take charge of our own health...

4) after knowing that God is Boss, it spurs you to keep relying and depending on Him for E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G... this has to be the hardest, gosh, how dumb am i...

So these are the few short but important lessons that I've learnt... I pray that these points will stick in our heads forever till kingdom come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment